One-Year Limited Warranty
We or Us means JAM Australia Pty Ltd ACN 31 103 985 717 and our contact details are set out at the end of this warranty;
You means the purchaser or the original end-user of the Goods. You may be a domestic user or a professional user;
Supplier means the authorised distributor or retailer of the Goods that sold you the Goods in Australia and New Zealand; and
Goods means the product or equipment which was accompanied by this warranty and purchased in Australia and New Zealand.
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
You are also entitled, subject to the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, to have the Goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. This is not a complete statement of your legal rights as a consumer.
For New Zealand:
Our Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. This guarantee applies in addition to the conditions and guarantees implied by that legislation.
JAM sells its products with the intent that they are free of defects in manufacture and workmanship under normal use and service. In the unlikely event that your JAM product proves to be faulty within 1 year from the date of purchase due to workmanship or materials only, we will replace it at our own expense, subject to the terms and conditions of this guarantee. The warranty period is limited to 3 months from the date of purchase for products used commercially/professionally.
Terms and Conditions:
In addition to the rights and remedies that you have under the Australian Consumer Law, Consumer Guarantees Act of New Zealand or any other applicable law and without excluding such rights and remedies warranty against defects:
- The Goods are designed to withstand the rigors of normal household use and are manufactured to the highest standards using the highest quality components. Whilst unlikely, if, during the first 12 months (3 months commercial use) from their date of purchase from the Supplier (Warranty Period), the Goods prove defective by reason of improper workmanship or materials and none of your statutory rights or remedies apply, we will replace the Goods, subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty.
- We do not have to replace the Goods under this Additional Warranty if the Goods have been damaged due to misuse or abuse, accident, the attachment of any unauthorised accessory, alteration to the product, improper installation, unauthorised repairs or modifications, improper use of electrical/power supply, loss of power, malfunction, or damage of an operating part from failure to provide manufacturer’s recommended maintenance, transportation damage, theft, neglect, vandalism, EN 6 environmental conditions, or any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of JAM.
- This Warranty does not extend to the purchase of used, repaired, or secondhand products, or to products not imported or supplied by HoMedics Australia Pty Ltd, including but not limited to those sold on offshore internet auction sites.
- This Warranty extends only to consumers and does not extend to Suppliers.
- Even when we do not have to replace the Goods, we may decide to do so anyway. In some cases, we may decide to substitute the Goods with a similar alternative product of our choosing. All such decisions are at our absolute discretion.
- All such replaced or substituted Goods continue to receive the benefit of this Additional Warranty for the time remaining on the original Warranty Period (or 3 months, whichever is the longest).
- This Additional Warranty does not cover items damaged by normal wear and tear, including but not limited to chips, scratches, abrasions, discolouration, and other minor defects, where the damage has negligible effect on the operation or performance of the Goods.
- This Additional Warranty is limited to replacement or substitution only. As far as the law permits, we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to property or persons arising from any cause whatsoever, and shall have no liability for any incidental, consequential, or special damages.
- This warranty is only valid and enforceable in Australia and New Zealand.
Making a Claim:
In order to claim under this Warranty, you must return the Goods to the Supplier (place of purchase) for replacement. If this is not possible, please contact our Consumer Relations department by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at the address below.
- All returned Goods must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of purchase that clearly indicates the name and address of the Supplier, the date and place of purchase, and identifies the product. It is best to provide an original, legible, and unmodified receipt or sales invoice.
- You must bear any expense for return of the Goods or otherwise associated with making your claim under this Additional Warranty.
- This Additional Warranty does not cover items damaged by normal wear and tear including but not limited to chips, scratches, abrasions, discolouration and other minor defects, where the damage has negligible effect on the operation or performance of the Goods.
Distributed in Australia by HOMEDICS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD, 14 Kingsley Close, Rowville, Victoria 3178.
Distributed in New Zealand by Phoenix Distribution NZ Ltd, 4 Lovell Court, Albany, North Shore 0632, Auckland, New Zealand
For service in Australia:
Tel: 03-87566500 8:30am–5:00pm AEST M–F
For service in New Zealand:
Tel: (09) 917 7106